Wednesday, June 22, 2011

oops



Have you ever felt the urge to be a friend to someone by telling "comforting words"?  The fact that you know that that person is going through a hard time, you just wanna say something nice. This really is a good thing, you know. It's just that, unsolicited advice is not always appreciated or even necessary.

ESPECIALLY if you've mistaken this person for someone else. Just like this one that occurred last night on Facebook:


Yes that was me... trying to be that one random supportive Facebook friend who thought she knew what was going on and tried to give out the most appropriate response to an apparently rhetorical question.  I guess it was fortunate that this friend of mine responded quite politely. Although she might have just come up with an excuse to cover her own a**.

Kidding aside, it was just a few minutes ago when I came across another person's name on Facebook and actually realized that I mistook this "distressed" friend of mine for someone else! :) Maybe because they kind of look alike? Or...my level of acquaintance for both are the same?  And yeah, they both have the same sexual orientation :) My bad!

And for that, I made a public apology on Facebook as soon as I could :)

This is what you get for being too nosy... but then again, who ever said that personal matters should be announced?

No comments:

Post a Comment